February 8, 2022
The Corporate and Crisis Communications Lead will oversee all corporate, policy and crisis communications and thought leadership. This role will collaborate closely with cross-functional partners across legal, policy, trust and safety, community, marketing, product and engineering teams. The right candidate has the ability and desire to deeply understand the intricacies, issues and technology powering NFTs, past experience navigating complex technical issues, the ability to quickly see around corners and anticipate issues before they happen. This is an incredible opportunity for a thoughtful, strategic problem-solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is energized by the unknown, and can inspire a team to do their best work – even in a crisis. The perfect candidate will exemplify OpenSea’s principles of trust, inclusivity and diversity, and help shape OpenSea’s corporate story through strategic storytelling. And you’ve gotta be able to laugh.
- Build, execute and oversee OpenSea’s Corporate and Crisis communications program, including offensive and defensive positioning, to demonstrate momentum, innovation, and stay ahead of potential issue areas.
- Shape and tell a compelling, differentiated company story that elevates OpenSea’s leadership, technology, policy and internal systems.
- Develop short and long-term corporate reputation strategies to build trust in an emerging industry.
- Develop program and campaign plans that align Corporate Comms within wider team and company OKRs; Build and manage an internal team, manage external agency partners, and establish a reporting process that appropriately reflects program impact.
- Develop strategy for executive visibility and manage thought leadership programs and content including executive presentations, speeches, social media and community comms, op-eds, etc.
- Set strong narratives, develop clear and inspiring messaging and corporate positioning that helps navigate announcements, crises and change.
- Become an essential and trusted partner to leaders, counseling them to more effectively tell stories, manage crisis, and model OpenSea principles through external storytelling.
- Serve as an OpenSea spokesperson during times of crisis, lead media relations as needed for related outreach.
- Proven experience leading corporate and crisis comms for high growth consumer tech companies.
- Expert detective with an ability to quickly connect dots, expose important details, draft messaging, and solve communications problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Deeply strategic, with an eye for progressive communications strategies that drive immediate impact through unconventional Communications channels.
- In-house experience – ideally in a high-growth consumer crypto startup environment.
- Exceptional leader and coach with prior people management experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, editing skills, and experience presenting and defending plans to senior leaders.
- Excellent at communicating up, across, and within the team with clarity and purpose.
- Firm grasp on community communication channels, ability to tailor strategies to reach multiple audiences at once .
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills; ability to execute with ease in a high speed environment.
- Ideally a prior interest in and understanding of blockchain and NFT technology.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change in a highly dynamic environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities; exhibits flexibility, resilience, and grace under pressure.
- Low ego, high impact, team player. We’re in it together at OpenSea!