Corporate and Policy Communications Lead
This role will collaborate closely with cross-functional partners across Legal, Policy, Trust and Safety, Community, Marketing, and Finance teams, and be tasked with building trust, defending our reputation, and influencing opinion leaders through compelling storytelling and proactive Comms. This is an incredible opportunity for a scrappy, strategic problem-solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is energized by the unknown, and can inspire a team to do their best work—even in a crisis. The perfect candidate will exemplify OpenSea’s principles of trust, inclusivity and diversity, and help shape OpenSea’s corporate story through strategic storytelling. And you’ve gotta be able to laugh.
- Build, execute, and oversee OpenSea’s Corporate Communications program, including offensive and defensive positioning, and short and long-term thought leadership to elevate OpenSea’s executives, technology, policy, and internal systems
- Shape and deploy compelling, differentiated narratives that build trust and credibility; help navigate announcements, issues, and organizational change, and position OpenSea as the global leader in NFTs
- Lead crisis response, connecting dots internally and developing a playbook to prepare for issues-based crises in the future
- Develop program and campaign plans that align Corporate Comms within wider team and company OKRs; build and manage an internal team, manage external agency partners, and establish a reporting process that appropriately reflects program impact
- Develop and execute executive visibility campaigns for relevant leadership: manage thought leadership platforms, develop related content (including executive presentations, speeches, social media/community comms, op-eds, etc), and become a trusted partner to leaders, counseling them to more effectively tell stories, manage crisis, and model OpenSea principles through external storytelling.
- Serve as an OpenSea spokesperson during times of crisis, lead media relations as needed for related Corp Comms outreach
- Proven experience leading corporate and crisis comms for high growth consumer tech companies
- Expert detective with an ability to quickly connect dots, expose important details, draft messaging, and solve communications problems in a fast-paced environment
- Deeply strategic and creative, with an eye for progressive communications formats/channels and the ability to tailor strategies to reach multiple audiences
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, editing skills, and confidence presenting and defending plans to senior leaders
- Excellent at communicating up, down, across, and within the team – with clarity and purpose
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills; ability to adapt quickly to change in a highly dynamic environment with tight deadlines and changing priorities; exhibits flexibility, resilience, and grace under pressure
- Deep media relations experience, an established set of relevant reporter relationships, and the proven ability to pitch and place top tier feature stories
- Low ego, high impact, team player—we’re in it together at OpenSea!