Engineering Manager, Compute Team
Full - Time
April 28, 2022
Coinbase is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to join our Compute team in order to support them in building out our next generation Kubernetes-based Compute Platform. You will support the Compute team as they design and implement a flexible, powerful and secure platform that empowers Coinbase developers to build the systems that make cryptocurrency accessible to everyone across the globe.
- Build and manage an Infrastructure engineering team and guide the development of our next-generation compute platform.
- Coach your direct reports to have a positive impact on the organization and chart a fulfilling career path.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to turn our vision into a tangible roadmap every quarter.
- Collaborate teams across Engineering to understand their needs and plan compute platform features to address them.
- Be a thoughtful technical voice and support your team in making diligent architectural decisions.
- Work with our talent organization to source and hire amazing engineers who will expand the Coinbase culture and product.
- Contribute to owning and delivering processes that drive engineering quality and meet our engineering SLAs.
- At least 8 years of experience in software engineering.
- At least 2 years of engineering management experience.
- Experience building tools to provision, extend, and integrate with Kubernetes a plus.
- You know what high quality code — and software engineering processes — look like and know how to foster an environment that creates them.
- Execution focused with an ability to navigate ambiguity.
- Ability to do both long term thinking and short term planning.
- Experience creating, delivering, and operating multi-tenanted, distributed systems at scale.
- You're passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together