Our fast-paced blockchain gaming studio is looking to appoint a talented and experienced Game Economy expert. As a Game Economist at Illuvium, you will work closely with our game designing team to strategically and operationally structure the economic systems providing data-driven recommendations on game balancing, design and pricing. You will be responsible for mathematically defining game mechanics, progression, rewards, and their intersection with the game and token economy that you will help build from the ground up.
We are specifically keen to hear from professionals who can demonstrate the following background and experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in economics, mathematics, computer science, game design, or equivalent.
- At least five years of experience in design, economics, or related experience (live/online game development is a huge plus)
- Strong understanding of game development and design evaluation.
- An understanding and opinion of blockchain and NFT based game economy models
- Knowledge of Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Pricing Theory, and Statistics, especially in the AAA gaming industry or live service-oriented products, with the ability to model problems into quantitative systems.
- Ability to define and articulate game systems and mechanics to create and improve game features.
- Critical thinking, curiosity, attention to detail, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility.