Manager, Business Development (Coinbase Cloud)
As Manager, Business Development - Coinbase Cloud, you will be responsible for identifying, managing and executing key partnerships that will lead to the continued growth and impact of Cloud as the world’s leading crypto infrastructure platform. Your mission will be to build and operationalize a comprehensive strategy that defines how Coinbase can attract the world’s leading Web3 developers and enterprises to build on top of the Cloud platform. You’ll work closely with cross functional stakeholders to ensure our product, engineering and marketing teams are able to meet their OKRs by developing solutions to blockers or identifying and executing on partnership needs. Additionally, as Coinbase continues to embrace decentralization, you’ll help lead our strategy on supporting DAOs and ensuring Coinbase is a leader and valued partner in key decentralized ecosystems.
Secure Key Partnerships to Support Cloud’s Growth Strategy
- Engage and negotiate key vendor partnerships that scale our product and engineering teams efforts and allow us to bring the most reliable and secure products to market.
- Identify opportunities for strategic partnerships that allow the Cloud platform to be accessed by the broader crypto ecosystem.
- Work cross functionally internally to ensure Cloud’s key customers are having all their business needs met and that they are receiving the utmost value from the Cloud platform.
- Partner with the protocol operations teams to build strong relationships with protocol teams and help them and their ecosystem of developers better leverage the Cloud platform.
Develop Strategy to Support DAOs
- As DAOs continue to grow and mature, partner with Coinbase incubated DAOs to help build partnerships within the crypto ecosystem to ensure their growth and impact.
- Support Coinbase incubated DAOs through internal cross functional support helping ensure DAOs teams understand and receive the full support of the Coinbase platform and teams.
- Be an expert on all things DAOs, understanding their needs as organizations and identifying opportunities for the Cloud platform to better serve them.
Proliferate Cloud through the Web3 Developer Ecosystem
- Partner with Cloud Developer Relations team to sign key strategic partnerships for launch of the Cloud platform.
- Become an expert on all things Web3 infrastructure platforms and partner with cross functional teams to ensure they understand the opportunities and concerns that developers have around building on the Cloud platform.
- Help shape Cloud product roadmaps by recommending new features through problem statements supported with data, developer feedback, industry insights and competitive intelligence.
You are an excellent communicator and relationship builder.
- You are amazing at written and spoken communications, and are able to translate complex topics into relatable concepts and actionable tasks.
- You are skilled at providing concise, timely and actionable reports to senior leadership on topics ranging from project updates and emerging trends to critical blockers and recommended solutions.
- You can work confidently with cross-functional teams on complex legal, compliance and security matters. You know how to identify, frame and lead the resolution of “hot issues” from both internal and external sources.
- You are an expert at building strong relationships across a variety of partner verticals. You have outstanding interpersonal skills driven by high emotional intelligence, and can easily drive alignment among differing perspectives.
You love going deep and learning about new technologies and industries
- You are a self starter who is intellectually curious and loves to learn new concepts and products.
- You understand how to leverage tools (Twitter, Youtube, Medium) to go deep on complicated ecosystems.
- You keep track of trends within your industry so you can identify new business opportunities and you have the skillset and hustle to capture them.
You are highly analytical with an ability to present complex information in digestible way
- You are a self-starter who works well independently and in teams within dynamic, rapidly changing workplaces.
- You have significant experience building excel models and synthesizing data in ways that allow executives to make informed decisions based on quantitative data.
- You are an amazing problem solver who embraces change and ambiguity. You know how to navigate your team within highly regulated and/or ambiguous landscapes.
You know how to structure and negotiate strategic and commercial agreements.
- You have at least 5 years of experience creating high-impact partnerships and leading large deals with significant autonomy in high-growth, fast-paced environments.
- You know how to leverage creative thinking and dealmaking to close complex partnerships.
- You have demonstrated experience driving deals and partnerships that have delivered transformative results.
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience or deep interest in the Crypto/Blockchain/Web3 industry