January 3, 2022
In this role you will be working closely with the VP, Business Development. We’re looking for a Music Partnerships Manager to help us build the preferred NFT marketplace for music and partner with musicians, live music properties, platforms and agencies to help them thrive on OpenSea. As the owner of the music category for OpenSea, you will play a critical role in developing and executing our strategy for working with stakeholders across the music industry. If you’re excited to work at a company that is building and shaping the future of marketplaces to empower creators and collectors, welcome to OpenSea.
- Contribute to overall partnerships strategy and lead the creation of our plan for the music category.
- Lead drop partnerships with both emerging and established musicians as well as large-scale platforms and live music properties, owning outreach, pitch, negotiation, close and execution stages.
- Work cross-functionally with customer success, community, product, and engineering peers.
- Collaborate with product to develop tools and product features to address key needs for the music space.
- Develop the OpenSea brand as the leading platform for music.
- Build strong relationships and have experience doing so in the music community.
- Leverage creative thinking to close sound partnerships and help music partners develop successful projects.
- Are comfortable leading both large and small deals with significant autonomy.
- Utilize data to provide actionable insights and ensure we’re driving toward the best possible outcome.
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence (EQ), and ability to persuade / drive alignment among differing perspectives.
- A plus, if you have experience and/or is passionate in ecommerce and/or the blockchain.