January 6, 2022
We're looking for an experienced, detail-oriented, and product-focused software engineer with an enthusiasm for building and scaling feature-rich, and well-tested applications. You’ll use a modern technology stack, including TypeScript, React, GraphQL, Python (Django), and Postgres. This individual will work with our engineering team to spearhead full-stack features for our marketplace spanning buyer, seller, and creator experiences.
- Build core product features from start to finish; from conception and research to implementation and iteration, all the way through deployment, maintenance, and future iterations.
- Implement reusable components, libraries, and design systems.
- Help build performant backend systems for serving our core marketplace features.
- Think holistically about how parts of our systems fit together from the UX to the underlying APIs and data models.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to prioritize, scope, and architect new features.
- Prioritize projects and tasks based on impact; balancing moving fast and building for the haul.
- Bring positive energy in every interaction with the team, and foster inclusive collaboration.
- Willingness to build across the stack, including experience working with technologies such as Typescript, React, GraphQL.
- Drive and ambition to autonomously solve difficult product and technical problems.
- An ability to write high quality, well tested, production level code.
- Strong customer empathy; you think critically of how our features impact our community, users, and business.
- Familiarity with current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, security, and usability.
- Deep knowledge of web technologies and large-scale web application architectures.