Senior Engineering Manager, US Sports
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join our growing Engineering team.
It’s an exciting time to join Sorare as we scale our engineering presence both in Paris and NYC. As we work on expanding to more sports as well as scaling our current infrastructure, we need to level up our growing organization to address our upcoming challenges.
As an engineering manager at Sorare, you need to be technically credible and to know the details of what engineers work on, but your time is spent safeguarding your team's health, hiring a world-class team, and putting them in the best position to succeed. Be ready, things move quickly at Sorare as we work toward building a unique and category-leading game!
You don’t need to be a sport expert, a gaming addict or crypto enthusiast to work with us. We're looking for teammates who like to get things done, work in a fast-paced environment at a hyper-growth company, take ownership and autonomy for their work, and expect to learn a lot along the way.
- Help the team plan, execute and ship the best products respecting timelines and high-quality development, working closely with the product and leadership teams
- Coach and mentor engineers to excel at their work and grow
- Hire and onboard engineers to build a diverse and excellent team
- Lead by example, being hands-on with individual contributor work when necessary
- Be a culture advocate within the company
- Continuously work on our engineering brand by producing content, attending events, leading tech talks and other creative ways to spread the word about engineering at Sorare
- 8+ years of professional experience in software engineering
- 3+ years managing or leading engineering teams
- Deep interest in people and mentoring
- Hands-on programming experience
- Experience building and operating production systems at scale
- Experience with agile development practices
- Self-sufficient without the need for daily direction from your manager
- Eager to learn and work in an environment with new technologies and paradigms
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills