As VP of Engineering, you’ll guide the technical strategy and direction for the team and products to ensure we deliver on our ambitions.
You’ll work closely with product, design, and business leadership to define success and prioritize projects accordingly. You’ll lead, coach, and support the growth of our talented engineers and engineering management.
You have a passion for creating customer-facing digital experiences users love, an understanding of publishing tools, platforms, and back-end infrastructure, and a track record of leading teams that ship solutions that scale as the business grows. You have experience building meaningfully sized engineering teams with inclusive and collaborative cultures. You empower your teams to do exceptional work.
- Structure and lead teams, individuals, and cross-functional relationships in a way that ensures productivity and transparent communication.
- Oversee all aspects of the engineering strategy
- Evolve the software development process and tools to optimize productivity and quality
- Implementation technical and process improvements that are causal to most critical needs
- Track key productivity metrics and continually work towards improving team efficiency and engineering capacity
- Champion overall engineering and operational excellence; establish metrics and processes for regular assessment, feedback and making key decisions on technical architecture
- Work closely with Senior leaders of Product Management to provide a consistent/successful interface between Engineering Development and Product Management
- Support constantly changing priorities between product features, availability, performance, security and reliability
- Drive our culture by leading, mentoring, and coaching all engineers
- Plan, Interview, Hire, and allocate resources to effectively meet departmental productivity and quality goals.
- 7+ year’s experience in software development
- 4+ years managing an engineering team
- Excited to be solving technical & architectural problems with the engineering organization
- Startup attitude
- A strong motivator, leader, team player with a record of leading and mentoring employees
- Experience working on a diverse set of full stack technologies.
- Highly organized, able to manage time effectively, and comfortable working across multiple work streams concurrently
- Avid interest in new technologies and tools to drive innovation and creativity